NZVNA Vet Nurse of the Year
The NZVNA Vet Nurse of the Year Award was set up in 2013 to recognize the hard work of veterinary nurses and their dedication to the veterinary nursing profession.
The following criteria is considered for those that are nominated for this prestigious, annual award:
- Contributions made by the nominated veterinary nurse over the last 12 months to patient and/or client care
- Support provided by the nominated veterinary nurse over the last 12 months to the health care team and value added to the business
- Innovation and/or initiative taken by the nominated veterinary nurse over the last 12 months
- Recent Continuing Education satisfactorily completed
- Years of service and continued commitment to patient and/or client care
Nominees should provide exceptional service and deliver the highest possible standard of patient care. Nominations are accepted from employers, practice staff, clients or industry representatives.
This Award has kindly been sponsored by Hill's Pet Nutrition NZ Ltd since 2013
Previous Winners of NZVNA/Hills Vet Nurse of the Year Award
2021 Margie Rutherford
2020 Michelle Martin
2019 Jess Byrnes-Clark
2018 Ellie Clark
2017 Alice Gasnier
2016 Kate Leveridge
2015 Wendy Jarnet
2014 Lisa Jamieson
2013 Tania Fernandez
NZVNA 2022 Photo Competition
Show off the diversity of a veterinary nurse in Aotearoa. This photo competition is aimed at showcasing the variety of people and roles of those who call themselves a veterinary nurse in Aotearoa. We know there some amazing veterinary nurses out there, whether it be in general practice, charity clinics, referral, academia, companion animal, equine, exotics, large animal, research, and many, many other roles.
We want to see what you do. We want to see you doing your everyday job amazingly, we want to see the unusual things you do or see, we want to see you!
How to Enter
- This competition is open to all NZVNA members (regardless of type of membership held)
- Entries open 10/10/2022 and close 15/01/2023.
- Email your image in high resolution mode, minimum 2MB, JPEG format as an attachment. Do not embed in Word or in the email. The photos can be either landscape or portrait shape.
- Email your entries to email@example.com with ‘NZVNA photo competition' in the subject line.
- Your image file must be named with your First name, Last name and Membership ID number (g. Amy_Harvery_1234578).
- Include the name, phone number, and email address of the person who took the photo. Give your image a brief title - write a short description that includes where the photo was taken and why this particular scene caught your eye.
- You can enter as many times as you like. Only one image per email entry.Entries with duplicate photos will be deleted.
Judges will consider impact, creative direction, composition, communication of the competition brief, and overall aesthetic appeal.
The judging panel will consist of members of the NZVNA Executive Committee. If a consensus cannot be made, they will invite an independent judge to help determine the winning entries.
The top three photographs will be showcased in the New Zealand Veterinary Nursing Journal.
First place: $200 prezzy card
Second place: $100 prezzy card
Third place: $50 prezzy card
Terms and Conditions
By submitting a photograph, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- The competition is open to current members of the NZVNA - the competition runs from 10/10/2022 and closes 15/01/2022
- You are the only author of your work and you have taken the photograph yourself and that the photograph is your original work.
- You are the sole copyright holder in the photograph you have submitted.
- You agree to not seek compensation from the NZVNA for its use of your photograph.
- You agree that any images you submit may be used by the NZVNA for marketing and promotional purposes. This includes use in publications, website, social media and any other reason that may occur.
- You have unlimited non-exclusive rights in the work and will not conflict with the usage rights required by the NZVNA.
- NZVNA reserves the right to modify your image for their use.
- You agree to obtain prior consent from all recognisable individuals or a group in a private setting featured in your photograph before submitting a photograph.
- The winners will be selected in February 2023 and notified via the email address or phone number provided at the time of submission as soon as practicable.
- The NZVNA accepts no responsibility for any entries that are not received, incomplete, illegible, corrupted or which fail to be submitted by the closing date and time. Proof of submission is not proof of receipt.
- Entries must comply with these terms and conditions and be received by the closing date and time. Failure to do so will disqualify the entry.
- The NZVNA reserves the right to verify the validity of entries, to disqualify any entrant or to cancel or amend the competition or these terms and conditions at any time for any reason, without prior notice.
- In the event of any dispute regarding these terms and conditions, conduct, results and all other matters relating to the survey (including the selection of the winner), the decision of the NZVNA is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
- The NZVNA will not be liable for any loss, damage, costs (for instance incurred in accepting or redeeming a prize) or any injury whatsoever suffered by an entrant as a result of or in connection with the competition, including any inability to enter, complete or continue the competition due to equipment or technical malfunction.
- The prizes are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative or any form of credit. The NZVNA reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New Zealand and shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the New Zealand Courts.